Sunday, June 6, 2010

39 Hours 45 Minutes later...

On Saturday June 5th at approximately 9:30pm my eyes fell upon a most welcomed sight... My HOME! It was a grueling 40 hour trek to make it there but we did it, we are home safely and although I'm still operating on Africa time, we are so happy to be home. Thank you to all of you who have continually lifted us up in prayer through out this entire trip. God is Good all the time!

The kids did exceptionally well considering the physical task of coming home. However, I do not see a future in teaming with either of them for a spot on TV's Amazing Race. After Ellie's melt down in San Francisco and the fact that Ben can not handle a seat belt (Oh Joy with the 5 point harness car seat!) I'll reserve the dream of winning that race to be done with my sister-in-law Ruth. She doesn't stomp her feet and scream inconsolably when tired and as far as I know she'll buckle up!

When we got home my favorite neighbors (my sister and her family) along with my dear Aunt Kathryn were there as our welcoming committee. Having them there and seeing their joy in greeting their new family member reminds me of how this blessing of adoption is shared by all. It was a very proud moment for mama to share our son with them and I was so thankful that despite near exhaustion Ben eaked out a few smiles for the group! After they left and we got ready for bed I was able to just observe my children in their home. Ben walked around the bedroom and kept jumping on his sister destroying her neatly organized pile of stuffed animals as we prepped our bedroom for the family sleepover. He then laugh and giggled and wrestled Bill for the TV remote control. (What is it with men and their remote controls?!) It's as though Ben has always been here with us and again all I can say is God is Good.

I have had so much fun blogging that I intend on keeping it up. Especially over the course of the next few days so I can post more photos from our trip and keep everyone updated on our transistion. I want to say a very special Thank You to our Parents. Thank you Dad for supporting Mom in everyway so she could come and be a part of this experience! Thank you Mom for your special "Oma love". You did a great job of helping out while in Africa. And last but not least, Thank You Gramma Ginny for your sacrifice of time and the gift of your servant's heart! Your very presence was peace and we could not have done it without your support!

We are blessed!

Bill, Cherri, Ellie & Ben

3 comments:

  1. THanks for sharing your journey with us. You are all in our prayers. When you all get your strength back, power up the skype so we can say hi. I'm sure you will have lots of calls to make and people to talk to. But take time to be a family. God bless you all. Colorado kroners

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're home safely. What a blessing and a continued journey that the Lord will take you through day by day. Love ya Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cheri- The tears were welling up as I was reading your blogs! Forget about the amazing race, what an amazing story! Can't wait to meet young Benjamin!!
    Love,
    Terri Josten

    ReplyDelete