Thursday, June 3, 2010

WE'RE HEADED HOME!

Hi Everyone!

So, the last couple of days have been full and not much time to sit and rest but as of today we are done with governmental agencies, medical exams and every other adoption related appointment we have been doing. Yesterday we were at the US Embassy until the evening but we got our travel visa for Ben and now we are enjoying our last 48 hours in Nairobi. This morning we visted the orphaned elephants and it was very cool! Probably my favorite animals. However, Tuesday we went on our safari and it was AMAZING! Monkeys, baboons, thousands of flamingos, giraffes, zebras, hyenas, rhinos and drum roll please.... LIONS! Ok, well, only one lion and it was a she BUT it was awesome and not common for the cat to come out. Needless to say we were all so happy! I would have put Tuesday as my favorite day but something so sweet happened yesterday at the embassy. As we were waiting for our paperwork I started talking with a gentleman seated across from me. Turns out he is Rwandan and working on a green card to further his studies in the USA. As we were talking I glanced down and noticed his written name. He shared the same last name as my son - Bizimana. As I showed him this common fact he asked me if I knew what it meant. I said no but I love the meanings of names. He preceeded to explain to me that it is translated into "God knows my Destiny". The tears could not be held in. A beautiful God moment that only He could ordain. A moment of confirmation again - We did not choose Him, He chose us! My son is and has always been a Kroner. He was hand picked, choosen and saved for us to go and bring him home. And that is exactly what we will be doing tomorrow night. Please keep us in your prayers as we head home tomorrow. Thanks and we love you!

The Kroner's

2 comments:

  1. Cherri, I do not know where you're paperwork lies in regards to Benjamin's legal name but I would, if I were you, keep this precious name, "Bisimana", as a middle name! I have enjoyed reading your blog and let me just state, every post has brought tears to my eyes! As I read your stories, your perspectives, your struggles, I realize the spiritual parallels. It is precious how our Savior views us and adopts us from our orphaned lives. He would go to the ends of the earth (and did) to save us from destruction! He too struggles with our legalisms, traditions, cultures, bondages, etc to get us to place of freedom, hope and a future. He too tries to bond with us and we too are reluctant. Why? All you have for Benjamin is good. All He has for us is good. Although we, like Benjamin, are too immature it see it sometimes; and too afraid to receive it. But we grow into His love just as Benjamin will grow into your love for him, and ultimately this becomes "home"....a place that was always destined for him (for us), before we ever knew! Thank God that none of us are orphans any longer! I love you! I love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our God is an awesome God. How amazing is that. What a blessing to find that out and have that to share with Ben as well. God has done great things!!

    ReplyDelete