Friday, May 21, 2010

THE LABOR PAINS BEGIN!

I'm standing in our DC hotel lobby hoping they'll have a small carton of chocolate milk for Ellie. (It will be her last "chocolate nummies" for quite some time)and I am realizing that in 3 hours my "labor" begins. Of course I'm referring to the 20+ hours of airports and planes. I'm left wondering if I can get an epidural started now??? Oh well, like the labor I endured with Ellie, every moment brought me closer to my baby, and for that I'll go through anything! I need to go and rally the troops so it will be short. Ginny arrived last night looking marvelous as always. Bill got his workout in while mom, Ellie & myself enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We have all gotten a good nights sleep and I think we are as ready as ever for this amazing journey that we are in. My friend Kristen gave me a great verse on Friday. She told me Eccl 7:8 "The end of the matter is better than the beginning..." WOW! The Word of God is always perfect and perfectly pertinent. By all means, this summarizes the journey of adoption. Well, I gotta run.... my son's waiting!

Love you all!

Cherri Joy

2 comments:

  1. praying for you RIGHT NOW! we live about 10 minutes from dulles - fun that you are so close right now! let me know if you need anything!

    (we are adopting 2 from Rwanda...and have 4 at home...so you don't think i'm a "crazy"!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you......we are happy to be able to be with you, as you travel. Your updates along the way really make us feel like we are really a part of this beautiful event...
    May peace abound with you on your way.

    ReplyDelete