Tuesday, May 18, 2010

YOU OPEN YOUR HAND

"The LORD upholds all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look expectantly to You, and You give them their food in due season. You open Your Hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing." Ps 145:14-16

This is the 2nd to last morning that I will have in my home before we leave. I have more packing, cleaning, and tiding up to do but I can't help but to just sit and think about these past 2 years. I remember praying in September 2008 when we decided to move forward with the Rwandan adoption "Lord, may our experience bring You glory. May my testimony give You praise." That was the beginning of a most memorable 1.5 years. It's been a time marked with hard work, frustration, hurts and many tears. Many tears. (All of this happened to fall upon our 7th year of marriage and so a quick side note to all of you young marrieds - Don't do the 7th! Skip it and go straight to the 8th!) There were many days when I cried to God to take us out of this adoption. I cry just admitting this. It's like when you're sick. Your fever helps to burn off the bad germs, but it still doesn't feel good. The vomit is eliminating what the body doesn't need, but there's nothing worse than sticking your head in a toilet. I guess what I'm trying to say (besides the fact that our marriage was in the toilet) sometimes what's best for you hurts at the moment but is necessary to get you to the point of health. In a lot of ways, our process to this point in our adoption has been that to us. It's been a burning off and an elimination of what wasn't needed. "The eyes of all look expectantly to You..." I had many days of just looking to God expectantly.

And here I am today, I'm reminded of how the LORD upheld us... and has continued to do so. How His timing is impeccable! The food, sustenance, life He gives is always in due season. I know that right now God has opened His Hand. The healing Hand of God is so very, very, GOOD! I'm so glad that not all of our prayers are answered. Because if I would have pulled out of this process because things weren't coming together how I wanted them to and when I wanted them to, then I would have missed out on the desire of my heart and God alone knows that I have always desired a baby boy from Africa. Long before I ever even married Bill. And now I'm days away from holding my son! What sweet satisfaction this journey has been!

"Lord, has our experience brought You Glory? Has my testimony brought You praise? Maybe not every moment, maybe not every day, but it's not over yet. As I learn to continually look upon You, seek You daily and trust in Your timing, I know that You will uphold me, You will raise me up and You will give me what I need, when I need it. You alone satisfy the desires of my heart! Thank you Jesus, I love you!"

No matter what your troubles are or where you are in life, HOLD FAST to Jesus! HOLD FAST my friends to the One who is worthy!

Because of Him,

Cherri Joy

1 comment:

  1. Cherri, thanks for sharing your heart! Praising God with you for his faithfulness!! We will be praying for this new season the Lord has brought your family and look forward to your posts, great job on your blog by the way!! Big Hugs and Luvs!! Karen and family

    ReplyDelete