Saturday, May 22, 2010

We survived and we have arrived!

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said the trip would be like the end of a pregnancy. I couldn't get comfortable, very little sleep and 8 hours into the flight I unfortunately became aware of my cankles! ARG! We did survive and we are now safely in Kigali. Bad news, we were delayed leaving DC. Good news, we still made our connection in Addis Ababa. Bad news, we arrived too late to meet Benjamin today. Good news, we all had a much needed shower! :) REALLY GOOD NEWS, we go to the orphanage early tomorrow and we get to take Benjamin on a birthday outing all day! He will have to spend the night back at the orphanage but by Monday he'll be with his forever family - FOREVER!

The weather was awesome when we landed. We're all settled in and going to enjoy a nice evening getting to know the other families.

I'll post more tomorrow - Cherri Joy

4 comments:

  1. Love these updates and experiencing this journey with you! Give Ginny a hug for us! Happy birthday, sweet friend...we love you bunches!!! You'll never forget every moment of this adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday BBF!!!!!!!! Love you. Can't wait for your entire family to be home. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good and he answers our prayer even more than what we ask for. Benjamin is a blessing to you and your family and you are a blessing to him and the wonderful life he is about to have. All because of God and His grace. lvoe and miss you Colorado Kroners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Birthday Girl! I hope this 39th celebration truly is the most memorable. I love Little Ben already and can't wait to see you and yours again.

    Love you with all my heart! Kiss Mom for me. And tell her I defended Dad's honor today... I tell ya later, Smooches :)

    ReplyDelete