Sunday, May 23, 2010

Well... He's Definitely A Kroner!

It can only be a God ordained plan coming into fruition when a person you've never met, held, fed, smelled, dressed, bathed, kissed and every other thing that a mommy does for their child but you love them wholly the minute you see them. Not to mention some very alarming Kroner similarities... he eats like his dad and farts like his mom!

Seriously, the moments we had with Benjamin today were perfect! We drove to the orphange and waited about 10 minutes in the courtyard. Then the nuns started to bring out the children to us one by one. Benjamin was the 3rd to arrive and he was walking holding a nuns hand with his right and a bright yellow rosary in his left. They handed him over to us right away and I scooped him up in my arms. I was fully prepared for tears & fright but the Spirit of Peace was upon the moment. As we surrounded him with our arms he just looked and studied our faces and voices. Never cried. He was content in my arms and Bill's as well. We spent a good hour in the courtyard taking pictures and eventually sharing our child with the other families as they did the same. All of these children are beyond amazing! We then went to a local restaurant for Benjamin's birthday party. We ate lunch, had cake and all the children loved the balloons! (So much that he still has yet to see all that we brought for him.) We were there about 2 hours and then we had to return the children to the orphanage. It was ok because they were very tired and needed their naps. However, returning him to the gentle arms of the nun was not easy at all! It was at this time that Benjamin surprised me again. He squeezed me tight, began to cry and he wouldn't let go! How can I explain my emotions? How can I? All in all, I know it was for the best and my little man would settled right down. I also have great hope for tomorrow when I return. Perhaps he'll surprise me a 3rd time... perhaps I will see a smile.

Tonight I will not sleep well. Tomorrow my family is complete.

I love you Benjamin!

Moma

5 comments:

  1. Your post is incomplete. What's up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Cherri! I am thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cherri, I am so overwhelmed just reading your blog. Its a beautiful picture of Christ's love for us! We would all be orphans were it not for His amazing love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cherri, your post made me cry! I am so thankful you made it safely and that your little man gave you such a sweet gift :) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Mollie has tears in her eyes and we are so excited for you and Ben. We very much look forward to our first chance to meet him. Please have safe travels home and we hope the bond deepens with each new day. Love, the milwaukee kroners

    ReplyDelete